Ranking the Elimination Chamber Matches:
A few weeks ago I ranked the Royal Rumble matches and now I'm going to do the same for the Elimination Chamber matches since the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view is coming up on Sunday. Luckily watching them went quick since there were only 11 of them. Going to go from worst to best.
11. Elimination Chamber 5, ECW Hardcore Chamber Match, ECW December 2 Dismember 2006 - This match was a half hour of suck. The only highlights of this borefest was Bobby Lashley using a table to escape from his Chamber pod after he was locked in by Paul Heyman's goons, Big Show being thrown through another pod, and a brief (2-3 minutes tops) but good Hardcore Holly/Rob Van Dam/CM Punk triple threat match this was pure garbage. Lashley won to put us all out of our misery.
10. Elimination Chamber 8, Smackdown Chamber Match, No Way Out 2009 - The middle part of this match was dull as hell. It started off great with World Champion Edge getting eliminated in about 4 minutes by Jeff Hardy. After that it was boring until Undertaker superplexed Big Show and Hardy followed it up with a Swanton Bomb off of his pod onto Show. Despite the good ending with Triple-H beating Undertaker this was a pretty blah match.
9. Elimination Chamber 6, Smackdown-ECW Chamber Match, No Way Out 2008 - I saw this match live and it was way better in person than it came across on television. The fact that Great Khali and Big Daddy V were in this didn't help matters much. Undertaker chokeslamming MVP off of a chamber pod and then chokeslamming Finlay onto the steel grating were the highlights. The ending battle between Taker and Batista, the two men who started the match, was easily the best part of the match minues the thirty second Taker chokeslam rampage. Undertaker won it in the end.
8. Elimination Chamber X, RAW Chamber Match, Elimination Chamber 2010 - This one was interesting to watch. Started off with rookie World Champion Sheamus starting the match against Kofi Kingston. Nothing much stood out until near the end when Cody Rhodes shows up and throws a lead pipe into the ring supposidly for his ally Randy Orton but Orton's other ally Ted DiBiase Jr. picks it up and uses it as a weapon to eliminate Orton. However DiBiase was quickly eliminated by Kofi so the plan backfired. Sheamus was eliminated by Triple-H after somehow lasting through the whole match from the start. Ended up with John Cena beating Triple-H only for Batista to show up and beat Cena for his newly won World Championship. The last five minutes of this was the best part as well as the Batista surprise title match.
7. Elimination Chamber III, RAW Chamber Match, New Year's Revolution 2005 - This match had a lot of action and blood at the beginning which is a good thing. Chris Benoit hit an awesome headbutt off the top of a chamber pod onto Triple-H which was a cool spot. The action picked up when Batista was released into the match. The best part was when Batista pressed slammed Chris Jericho into a cameraman that was in the Chamber. That was AWESOME to watch. He followed it up by powerbombing Jericho onto Benoit and then eliminating both of them. Crowd really into Batista. Trips watches as Randy Orton eliminates Batista. Batista goes on the rampage and Ric Flair comes in only to be punched by special referee Shawn Michaels. Triple-H wins after Batista's interference.
6. Elimination Chamber IX, RAW Chamber Match, No Way Out 2009 - Match starts off with immediate chaos as Kofi Kingston comes out only to be attacked by Edge who takes his spot in the match since Kofi can't compete. Edge lost his title in the other Chamber match earlier in the night. I honestly don't like Edge but that spot was awesome. Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio start off with some great wrestling. Funny spot where Jericho throws Mysterio headfirst into the side of Kane's chamber pod and the camera zooms in on Kane laughing about it. That was amusing to watch. Cool spot later on where Mysterio nails Kane with a seated senton off the top of a chamber pod. John Cena then is eliminated in less than five minutes by Edge with help from Mysterio and Jericho. Ending saw Edge beat Mysterio to win the belt in a good heated ending due to Mysterio being mad at Edge earlier for what happened to Kofi.
5. Elimination Chamber IV, RAW Chamber Match, New Year's Revolution 2006 - This one surprised me. Judging by who was in the match I thought it would suck balls. However it ended up being one of the best Chamber matches that they've done. Nice wrestling to start but the action really picks up once Kurt Angle is released into the match. He goes on a German Suplex rampage and destroys everyone in the match. The crowd was really into it at this point. However Shawn Michaels nails him with Sweet Chin Music and he's the first one out which was a shocker. Chris Masters and Carlito then teamed up to eliminate everyone after teaming up to get rid of Kane who went on a chokeslam rampage. Carlito double crosses Masters with a low blow when he has John Cena in the Masterlock and eliminates him only to be quickly eliminated by Cena who wins the match. Edge then appears and cashes in his Money in the Bank briefcase to beat Cena for the World Title. Good stuff.
4. Elimination Chamber II, RAW Chamber Match, Summerslam 2003 - At first glance, going over who was in this match, you'd think it would suck. However it ended up being one of the best Chamber matches that they've ever done. Starts off with excellent wrestling by Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho which is normal for them. Kevin Nash goes on the rampage but quickly gets eliminated by Sweet Chin Music thanks to Shawn Michaels. Nash then destroys everyone in the match on the way out. Triple-H is out next but Michaels Superkicks him back into his chamber pod. Goldberg out last and he destroys everyone. The coolest chamber spot in the match is when he spears Jericho through a chamber pod. He then eliminates everyone but Triple-H who is still in his pod. Ric Flair locks the door from the outside to keep him away from Trips but Goldberg kicks his way into the pod in one of the coolest spots in chamber history. Goldberg gets the upperhand but when he's about to Spear Trips for the win Flair slides in a sledgehammer, Trips hits Goldberg in the head with it, and wins the match to keeps his title. The post-match beatdown is pretty awesome too.
3. Elimination Chamber VII, RAW Chamber Match, No Way Out 2008 - The other chamber match that I saw live here in Vegas. This one was clearly one of the best. Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels start this off by having a wrestling clinic. Umaga then came in and nailed both of them with a Double Samoan Drop. Once JBL got in there was action all over the place. Not a dull moment going on. Umaga threw Jericho through one of the pods which was awesome. JBL got eliminated and then destroyed everyone with a steel chair. Then came thirty seconds of awesome when Jeff Hardy eliminated Umaga after a Super Swanton Bomb off of a chamber pod, Michaels eliminated Jericho after a Superkick, and Triple-H hit a Pedigree on Michaels. Triple-H won after hitting Hardy with the Pedigree on the chair that JBL left in the ring.
2. Elimination Chamber I, RAW Chamber Match, Survivor Series 2002 - The first and still one of the best. The moves and spots in this match set up all of the other ones. Everything in this match was great. RVD did a Spider Man spot, Kane threw Chris Jericho through a chamber pod, and RVD damn near killing Triple-H with a Five Star Frogsplash from the top of a chamber pod. The ending battle between Triple-H and Shawn Michaels was great. Michaels hit a Elbow Drop from the top of a chamber pod onto Trips and Trips countered by slinsghot suplexing him through a chamber pod. In the end Michaels won his last World Title after hitting Sweet Chin Music.
1. Elimination Chamber XI, Smackdown Chamber Match, No Way Out 2010 - Last year's Smackdown Chamber match was one of the best matches I've seen in ages. Started off with CM Punk doing a running commentary/doctrine of hate on the microphone both when he was entering and after eliminating R-Truth. Lots of action and awesome spots especially when John Morrison, Chris Jericho, and Rey Mysterio were in there. Ending had Jericho down and out with Undertaker going for the kill. Shawn Michaels appears from underneath the grating and then Superkicks Taker in the face costing him the match by helping Jericho win the World Championship. I HIGHLY recommend viewing this one. Not a bad word to say about it.