MLB 2011 Season Predictions:
Alright, as many of you know it's the opening day of baseball season and I thought it would be a good idea to do a little prediction about how I think the season will run down as well as who will make it to the playoffs and go to the World Series.
American League -
1. Boston Red Sox - Best overall team in the AL after their numerous off-season acquisitions.
2. New York Yankees - This will be the last year the Yankees are a power. They are aging fast.
3. Baltimore Orioles - They will do good but just miss out on the playoffs.
4. Tampa Bay Rays - The Rays lost Josh Cameron and that is going to hinder them in the long run.
5. Toronto Blue Jays - Don't expect them to be a threat.
1. Chicago White Sox - They should make a nice midseason run that sets them up for a playoff spot.
2. Minnesota Twins - They will make a run near the end but the Sox will just edge them out.
3. Detroit Tigers - Tigers will be a middle of the road team this season.
4. Cleveland Indians - Indians are just going do about the same as the Tigers.
5. Kansas City Royals - They lost Greinke which will be huge in the long run.
1. Texas Rangers - I expect the Rangers to make the post-season again.
2. Los Angeles Angels - However the Angels will give the Rangers a run for their money.
3. Oakland Athletics - A's will be a team on the rise. Look for them to be playoff contenders next season.
4. Seattle Mariners - Mariners aren't going to do too much this year.
National League -
1. Atlanta Braves - Braves are going to be a force. Watch out for them this year.
2. Philadelphia Phillies - Phillies will be good enough for the Wild Card.
3. Florida Marlins - Marlins will be a threat but wont make the playoffs.
4. New York Mets - Mets aren't going to be a factor at all.
5. Washington Nationals - Don't expect the Nats to be a force yet. Give them a year or two, possibly three.
1. Cincinnati Reds - Reds will be a playoff contender again.
2. Milwaukee Brewers - Brewers and their ace Greinke will make a run but will come just short of the Reds.
3. St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinals will have a tough road this year.
4. Chicago Cubs - Cubs will be a middle of the road team.
5. Houston Astros - Astros aren't going to be a factor this year.
6. Pittsburgh Pirates - Pirates are going to be in the cellar again.
1. San Francisco Giants - Giants pitching and bats will be enough to get them to the postseason.
2. Colorado Rockies - Rockies will give the Giants a run for their money this year.
3. San Diego Padres - Padres lost their best batter and are going to have a tough time because of that.
4. Los Angeles Dodgers - Dodgers will be about on par with San Diego.
5. Arizona Diamondbacks - Diamondbacks are still rebuilding and wont be able to keep pace with the other four teams.
Playoff Teams -
NL: Braves, Reds, Giants, Wild Card - Phillies
AL: Red Sox, White Sox, Rangers, Wild Card - Yankees
Division Round -
NL: Phillies over Reds, Giants over Braves
AL: Red Sox over Yankees, White Sox over Rangers
Championship Round -
NLCS: Phillies over Giants
ALCS: Red Sox over White Sox
World Series -
Red Sox over Phillies